How is COVID-19 affecting your business?

Updated 5 days ago in General
9 on March 20, 2020

How has COVID-19 affected your business, eventprofs? We want to understand the wide-ranging and serious impacts the coronavirus crisis is having on the industry. Please share whatever you can, so we can band together to help find solutions.

• Liked by

Like many others, I have any empty diary till June, very much hoping the social isolation can end then. Currently posting content and that’s about it on the work front. Thankfully all my invoices have been paid and received.

6 days ago

What service do you provide, Blueyandbaloo? Tell us, you never know who else might be interested in what you have to offer

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 6 days ago

After a particularly strong start to 2020 we’ve unfortunately seen things drop off a bit (as expected given the circumstances), however there are still a number of exciting things in progress which we hope will keep us busy until the industry returns to its normal level.

We’re using this time to schedule some extensive website development work in order to expand upon our existing service’s offering, and also working on valuable partnerships which will put us in a strong position when we come out the other side of COVID-19. Given that the events industry is likely to get very busy, very quickly once life gets back to normal again, our approach with clients is to get ahead of the game and begin planning NOW for late 2020!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 6 days ago

Same here. Fortunate enough to have two revenue streams but unfortunate that they are both tied to the events industry. Double-whammy for me. My wife just started working from home today in the East wing of my company. AKA the dining room. 🙂

Hoping for some July events that don’t get cancelled. 

On a bright note. My computer files and office are HIGHLY organized and ready for the fall season!

• Liked by
Cancel
4 6 days ago

We were only ready to launch our business, Expocast, last week after having it in the works for a couple of months, possibly the worst timing ever! As a recruitment consultancy, all we can really do at the moment is offer advice and support to candidates who’ve been made redundant, and try to make any vacancies we see as visible as possible, fees be damned. 

One thing we’re looking into is offering a free webinar for event companies where we will interview a few candidates live, so that as and when companies are ready to hire again, they’ve already made a few good connections. We’d be doing it with no recruitment fees if any of the candidates got hired, but obviously hoping that we might pick up some paying clients from it in the long term.

We’re just trying to be as creative as possible, I suppose. 

6 days ago

Mike, take a look at www.remo.co I attended an online event on that last week with speakers from 9 countries. The beauty part is there is nothing to install. There were many attendees that say the platform is a great method for onboarding/interviewing. Pretty cool.

6 days ago

Thanks!

6 days ago

If you do go ahead with the free webinar, get in contact with us so we can add it to this list:

https://www.conference-news.co.uk/coronavirus-updates-news/virtual-events-events-industry-23-27-march

We’re rounding up the weeks virtual events so people can tune in easier. Details above 🙂

5 days ago

Thanks Stuart, we’re just trying to round up some companies to join us on the webinar – will let you know if/when we get it all arranged! 

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel